Sunday, July 10, 2011

Day 24

Today Lisa and Trev took us to the New Forest.  I have an on-going love affair with the New Forest!  First stop was Lyndhurst, where we wandered down the quaint main street, stopping at a couple of shops (obviously!) 



We then drove to Lymington and en-route us girls decided that we should catch the ferry to the Isle of Wight, unfortunately that was not to be as the car ferry had already left and the little boat that the Smith’s had previously caught to the Isle of Wight, now only does short trips that don’t stop at the Isle.  Oh dear, that was a bit of a disappointment...  We took a half hour cruise out of Lymington harbour instead and at least got to see the Isle and it’s needles close up. 





We then took a wander around Lymington, had a pub lunch and some divine ginger ice-cream, before driving on to Burley. 

I fell in love with Burley on my first visit there about 11 or 12 years ago.  It is my very favourite place in the world.  There is just something about this tiny little village that captivates me.   I've never gotten over the novelty of the wild horses that roam the streets...



The village has strong links with witches, and some would say that is reason enough for me to feel right at home there ;-) 





Whatever the reason, this was my fourth visit to Burley and I still love, love, love the place! We wandered about for a while and then visited the cider brewery:


I really wanted to like the cider, but..... yeuch!  Finally, after a cream tea, we headed back to Guildford and a nice, quiet evening at the Smith’s house.

No comments: